Most of you may already know that blue light affects your sleep negatively, and most of you may also know that the one source of blue light you carry around with you is your smartphone.
Well, fret not, because there is a (relatively new) app on the Play Store that not only reduces the the amount of blue light your eyes receive at night, it also automates the process for you. This means that you no longer have to manually open a screen filter app, and turn on the filter manually, but rather, based on your time and selected profile, Twilight dims, colours, and adjusts your screen accordingly to reduce the amount of blue light emitted from your phone, thus allowing you to sleep better.
Furthermore, this app is totally free, and has incorporated the Material design as well, so you don’t have to worry about having an app that well, to put it simply, ‘stand out’.
- Material design
- 2 predefined profiles which are pretty useful
- Location prediction (this tells Twilight when the sun rises or sets so as to dim, colour, or adjust your screen accordingly)
- Auto pause for VPN dialogs and Package Installer
- Always-on mode
- Many features are still experimental, and may not work correctly
- Status bar notification icons do not look right (settings button has a dark grey outline for some reason)
If you are interested, the application can be downloaded from the Play Store via this link: