Still want to get an iPhone just for the iTunes podcasts? Well you don’t have to, since Pocket Casts allows you to do essentially the same thing, without having to fork out a thousand bucks just for the podcasts.
Pocket Casts is a lightweight and simple to use podcasts app which allows any user to listen to podcasts like the Hardwell on Air podcast, and many others (I use it mainly for music). It has a Material designed interface that is clean and intuitive, and also allows users to sync their data using an account. Its download management system also works really well, in fact a little better than Podcast Republic‘s (ex-PR user here).
- Material design yada yada. Custom episode filters
- Fully compatible with Android 5+, so the audio/video conflict will not happen
- Show Notes while playing
- Downloaded tracks sometimes can sometimes be corrupted halfway through, thus rendering the remaining of the track unplayable
- Lack of translations to other languages
- Can’t seem to find anything else bad about this app, sorry!
Pocket Casts can be found on the Google Play Store here:
Alternatively, you can use evozi’s APK downloader to sideload the application onto your device.
What do you think about Pocket Casts? Will it replace the podcast app on your phone? Let me know in the comments below!