If you are an Android enthusiast, you’d probably have heard of CyanogenMod, the popular aftermarket custom ROM that has been making its rounds on media and tech sites. CyanogenMod is typically available on mainstream flagships such as the Nexus line of devices, but recently MediaTek devices are also receiving it. A few such devices would be the Elephone P7000, Elephone P6000, and the Ecoo E04.
CyanogenMod 12.1 offers many interesting features, such as:
- Locking of folders such that your photos and files stay private.
- Setting different ringtones to different SIM cards – This is useful on MediaTek devices, as they are typically dual-SIM devices.
- LiveDisplay, which allows users to customize screen colours and various UI settings.
- Setting of custom functions to various hardware buttons for easy access.
- Customization of Quick Settings.
Elephone has released a video of the Elephone P7000 running CyanogenMod 12.1, and you can check it out here:
The Elephone P7000 also scores an impressive 45163 on Antutu Benchmark when tested against CyanogenMod 12.1, which is also 7000 points above the OnePlus One running on the Snapdragon 801.
Does this change your views on Chinese devices? Also, will you be getting one soon? Let me know in the comments below!